TIPS ON GETTING THE RIGHT FLOWER GIRL DRESS (Tips, Ideas, Advice)
Be mindful to make wedding
memorable for kids too! flower girl dresses are worn by girls’ ages
three to eight years old. These dresses are not restricted to wedding
occasion; it can be worn on other events as well, like parties,
receptions, communions, baptism, christening, Easter and other special
programs. Moreover, these dresses are called as such because the girl
wearing it carries flower basket also. The flower girl is the sweetest
little wedding guest of all, stealing hearts as she precedes the bride
down the isle in her own little fairytale dress. She wants to feel as
special and pretty as bridesmaids and bride herself. The most popular
fabrics used for this dresses are silk, organza, satin, tulle and
chiffon. Here are some helpful tips for choosing the perfect flower girl
• A mini bride’s dress Flower girl dresses are usually mini replicas of the bride's wedding dress. But that doesn’t mean that the flower girl’s dress have to exactly match the brides dress. As long as the flower girl dress follows the theme and style of the event, elements of the fabric such as lace or beading can be incorporated into the flower girl’s dress, or you can match the sleeves, neckline and silhouette to the brides dress. Another option is for the flower girl’s dress to be the same color as the brides dress with a satin sash that matches the colors of the bridesmaids' dresses to tie the whole bridal party together. Traditional flower girl dresses are usually white with full, ruffle skirts underneath to create a 'bridal' look.
• Dress for the season There are a magnitude of fabrics and colors available for flower girl dresses; however it is also very important to consider the time of year when making dress selections. For autumn or winter weddings, rich fabrics such as velvets and velour are a great choice to keep the littlies warm. Spring or summer weddings call for natural light fabrics such as silks and silk chiffons to keep the girls from getting too hot. Tights are great for cold weather but too warm for the summer months. Fabrics such as silk or velvet don’t wrinkle easily, however it’s still best to wait until the very last possible minute to dress your flower girl. For a clean, wrinkle free flower girl dress we suggest not dressing the flower girl until it’s almost time for the wedding so that the dress will be free from wrinkles and you won't have to worry about any food or drink spilt on it.
• Choose appropriate color A flower girl's dress should compliment the bride's dress. It can be ivory, white, or the same color as the bridesmaid’s dresses. Colored sashes or color accents can be used to tie them in with the bridesmaid dresses. And don’t forget to match the colors of the flower petals that she is carrying to those in the bridesmaid’s bouquets.
Today’s flower girl carries a bouquet of flowers that are similar to the bridesmaid’s bouquets, but more proportionate to her size, in place of baskets of petals.
• Consider the flower girl’s comfort Little girls need to have the freedom to easily move and walk in their dress. You don't want your wedding guests' first impressions of your wedding ceremony to be a little flower girl tripping over or watching her itch all night. Soft, silky fabrics will not make the little ones itchy, fidgety or feel uncomfortable. Flower girl dresses that are lined inside will add to the comfort of the little girl and to the durability of the dress for long term wear.
Leather ballet slipper shoe styles are best as new high heels or strappy sandals can cause blisters and can be uncomfortable or difficult to walk in. No matter how beautiful the flower girl looks, it’s important to remember that if the little guests are uncomfortable, then it is most likely you or your older wedding guests will be too.
• Know the ideal length Tea-length dresses or knee length princess styles are the most popular for young flower girls. Young flower girls can trip on long skirts, so it's wise to select shorter dress styles. If you are having multiple flower girls of different ages, rather than dressing them all in the same dress consider different lengths of the same style or different styles of the same color or fabric to bring their look together. When shopping for flower girl dresses, it’s a good idea to keep in mind that children grow fast. If you are ordering flower girl dresses six months before your wedding to ensure you get the style and color you are after, allow for a few extra inches for the dress. It can always be altered closer to the wedding.
• Know where to buy You can have flower girl dresses custom made or you can purchase them from the same shop where you purchase your wedding dress. You can even buy flower girl dresses online where you can find flower girl dress shops, children's boutiques and online stores for kids' special occasion clothing, offering a variety of designs and sizes to fit any style and budget.
• Accessorize accordingly Simple and fun jewelry that the girls can hold onto as a special gift or memento of the big day is the key to accessorizing your flower girls. Be careful not to over accessorize as they are playful and need to move freely without restrictions.
Keep hair accessories simple. Just like the bride’s veil, elaborate hairpieces can be taken off the flower girl at the reception. Flowers are a pretty addition to cute little up-dos for girls; just make sure they are held in place securely and comfortably.
More and more flower girls are carrying a pomander (full, tight balls of flowers that have a satin fabric loop to hold). Pomanders are easy to carry and can usually be decorated in the same flowers as the bride and bridesmaid's bouquets, making for something a little different for the flower girl.
• Know your budget for the dress. Having a good wedding plan will help you save much money. If you are worried about the money a good advice for you is to buy a flower girl dress online. Shopping online can be cheaper than buying in the bridal shop. There are many styles of flower girl dresses online at cheap price; you should find your favorite one.
The most important tip the one buying flower girl dresses should
keep in mind is not to chase fashion but get the one according to your
buying parameters or the things you have to consider when buying a
flower girl dress such as age, complexion, occasion, season and budget.
Flower girls are girls under ten years old that carries flower in a procession. Most typically, flower girls are associated in weddings, although they can appear in a variety of procession or events, and they are sometimes seen in parades to honor the beauty queen or other community celebrities. Flower girls symbolize childhood and youth. She directly precedes the person being honored to. Or in a wedding, she walks ahead of the bride. Flower girls commonly wear white to accentuate their youth, although, you may choose to add a little touch to their dresses by tying around colorful sashes. In choosing their dresses, one must take in consideration that we are dressing up young kids and we are emphasizing their youthfulness so make sure not to exaggerate and have them like young matrons. TheRose knows exactly what a young girl assigned to be flower girls on an occasion that will make people find her cute and adorable. Browse our Flower girl dresses page and see the large
selection of flower girl dresses we can offer at an affordable price. Furthermore, free shipping is applicable if your order reaches $50 or over.
The Rose Dress, a leading flower girl
dress Shop / flower girl dress store
offering large selection of flower girl dresses, girls shoes, jewelry,
tiaras, veils, gloves and more. Our most popular flower girl
dress categories are
Designer Flower Girl DressesInfant Flower Girl DressesAffordable Flower Girl Dresses on Sale Junior Bridesmaid Dresses. The Ros Dress strives for the best in selection, fast-delivery, best-buy
prices, and out-standing no-doubts customer service.